Thursday 11 June 2015

Today's Review: Tesco Vegetarian Kitchen Spicy Bean Burgers


Here's another one of the vegetarian options I picked up with the voucher Tesco sent me. I'm a big fan of burgers, so it only made sense that I would go for these. I can't say I was too fond of the idea of a bean burger, but I think I can trace that back to the time someone gave me one instead of my bacon double cheeseburger at the Liverpool Street Burger King, and by the time I found out my train had already pulled out of the station. I was willing to look past that though, especially looking at these bad boys, two massive, thick patties per pack, and with spiciness to boot. What's not to love?

As the pack implies, these burgers are made up of a whole load of beans, with some potato and pepper thrown in for good measure. The result is something pretty damn tasty. There's a whole lot of texture in there provided by the beans, and despite having so many potentially crumbly components they hold together extremely well, with a nice crispy exterior that provides a satisfying crunch. All the different ingredients give a variety of flavours throughout, and the spice provided is a nice, lingering heat that doesn't attempt to overwhelm all the other elements. They do end up being a little dry, which did detract from my enjoyment a little, but it's nothing a little sauce wouldn't fix. These burgers are tasty and satisfying, and they certainly filled me up. They may be a little on the dry side, but they're definitely a good option for any vegetarians out there.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment