Tuesday 2 June 2015

Today's Review: Terry's Chocolate Orange Pots Of Joy


I've dabbled in the Pots Of Joy range before, and certainly found nothing objectionable so far, but I don't frequently pick them up on a shopping trip. When I saw these Chocolate Orange Pots Of Joy, however, I had to give them a try. I'm a sucker for a Chocolate Orange, and while they're available in several shapes and sizes, I thought a creamy dessert version might be interesting.

Here you have a somewhat small pot, containing a creamy milk chocolate layer, covering some orange flavour goodness. Well, I say goodness, but that's not really how I'd describe it. The chocolate stuff is great, creamy, smooth, tasty, much like any of the other Pots Of Joy I've tried. But the orange part is a let down. It tastes like orange, sure, and combined with the chocolate it does come close to the actual Chocolate Orange. But there's way too much of the orange stuff compared to the chocolate, and it's pretty thick and sickly. It overwhelms the chocolate layer, meaning by the end you're just left with a very sweet orange taste which just didn't sit right with me. It's an alright dessert, sure, there are plenty worse out there. But coming from a range that has so much better on offer, this was quite a let down. If you're hankering for a Chocolate Orange, just stick with the solid stuff.

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment