Wednesday 3 June 2015

Today's Review: Snickers & Hazelnut



Snickers, while not my go to chocolate bar, is indisputably a classic. There have been several tweaks on the formula in recent years, most notably the three different versions that pack in extras of all three main components. Now that's done with, Mars have decided to just stick in a different kind of nut, and so we have the Snickers & Hazelnut.

Basically, it's like a regular Snickers, but with hazelnuts. Don't worry, there are still peanuts, there's just a little extra to make it interesting, and it certainly does.The original Snickers is all present and correct underneath. Certainly not my favourite, but the chocolate, caramel and peanuts are all pretty tasty and combine to make that classic Snickers taste. The hazelnuts are a very welcome addition, a bit of a different texture, and certainly a sweeter taste to layer on top of the peanuts. I thought there may be a few too many nuts with the two different types packed in, but the levels seem just about right. Overall it's a great package, and a simple but well executed twist on the original Snickers bar. I don't know how long it's going to be around for, but I'd suggest grabbing one.

My rating: 5/5

2 comments:

  1. just tried liking very nice very nice am nuts about them good work peps

    ReplyDelete
  2. not nice. made me feel sick after

    ReplyDelete