Sunday 28 June 2015

Today's Review: Lion Granola


I do like a bowl of granola in the morning, and there's certainly no shortage of varieties to choose from. Most come from pretty health-conscious brands like Special K and Jordans, but why have that when you can have granola based on a chocolate bar? I first spied Lion Granola a while back, but didn't want to bite at full price. I found a pack in the clearance section of Asda last week for a mere 69p, so while it may not be shifting units all that well, I figured it was worth a go.

This granola doesn't consist of much other than the box states. It's a bunch of oaty clusters, mixed up with chocolate and caramel. But hey, that's certainly not a bad thing. I found the structure of this stuff to be a lot better than most granolas I've tried. I'm a fan of big chunks rather than several flakes, and this box has a lot of chunks. I guess it's the chocolate and caramel that holds it together pretty effectively, and those ingredients also make for a pretty tasty experience. It's not the best quality confectionery, but the oats have a pretty satisfying crunch. Sure, it isn't quite as healthy tasting or clean as the fruity options, and it does get a little sickly due to the amount of chocolate and caramel shoved in there, but it's a decent attempt at granola that has certainly been filling me up in the mornings. 

My rating: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. I love Jordan's and Quaker granola and have wanted to try this one but i think the price point for the size box you get is ridiculous, even for granola.

    ReplyDelete