Friday 12 June 2015

Today's Review: Rustlers Paninis


I was on the hunt for a quick and easy dinner for one today, and while I was contemplating a microwave burger, my eyes settled on these interesting little numbers. Now, I'm sure we all enjoy burgers that we can nuke in a couple of minutes, but a panini is surely the healthier option? Well, slightly healthier, maybe.

These paninis come in two flavours, chicken and pesto and pepperoni. I wasn't expecting too much from these, after all, they burgers aren't admittedly of great quality. Opening up the packet, I wasn't too sure what to think. The meat looks a little stingy in both Paninis, and the cheese also looks stretched a little thin. But upon cooking, I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The cheese melts wonderfully, and the meat is plentiful enough to provide some in every mouthful. What surprised me most was the sauce. There's a nice and creamy pesto to spread on your chicken, while the pepperoni comes with a lovely, smooth tomato sauce, with a nice herby kick that makes it pretty delicious. The bread was even of a pretty good quality, the Rustlers burgers normally have pretty soggy buns, but the paninis manage to retain their crispness. The bread is a little stodgy, but it's certainly an improvement from the burgers.  Sure, these aren't as good as your fresh made paninis, but they're certainly good enough for a quick snack. 

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment