Friday 26 June 2015

Today's Review: Tyrrell's Coconut & Caramel Poshcorn


Tyrrell's have brought out a couple of interesting popcorn flavours, which I've had varying opinions of. I spied this coconut and caramel flavour in Tesco earlier, one I hadn't seen before, though I believe it might have been around for a while. While I could quite readily say I hated coconut a couple of years ago, I must say it's grown on me at least a little, and I was hoping this popcorn wouldn't rely too much on it for taste, otherwise it would probably be getting a lower score.

Thankfully this popcorn is just right. The coconut is not overwhelming at all, it's a distinct flavour, but quite subtle, relying on the sweet undertones rather than fully assaulting the senses. The pairing with caramel was an interesting idea, and it's one that's pulled off very well. A bold flavour that's nicely swirled in, it's probably what takes the edge off the coconut to deliver an altogether sweet experience. Pair that with the quality of the popcorn itself and you're onto a winner, I only managed to find one un-popped kernel in the entire bag, which must be some kind of record, and every piece possesses a satisfying crunch with a soft centre. This is how bags of popcorn should be, and I'm looking forward to seeing what Tyrrell's pops out next.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment