Monday 12 December 2016

Today's Review: Lacreme Strawberries & Cream


Here's a pack of sweets that I excitedly picked up at the airport on the way back from holiday like two months ago, and then promptly forgot about. Anyone remember Campino? I sure do, those strawberry & cream flavoured swirly sweets were amazing, but like all good things, they didn't last, and I didn't know what I had 'til it was gone. So when these caught my eye I couldn't wait to snap them up, even though they were sugar free I still had faith. 

There's a reason I forgot about these, I popped a couple on the plane, and was thoroughly unimpressed. The packaging says sugar free, so I can't blame it that much, but these just aren't great. There's a certain creaminess to the taste, yes, but the strawberry is pretty flat and uninspired. The sweetener is definitely detectable, and it adds something of a sour hint to the whole experience. My Campino dreams are crushed, these are pretty horrible sweets, my Euros were wasted.

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment