Wednesday 23 August 2017

Today's Review: Haribo Squidgy Babies


There sure are a lot of Haribo bags coming out lately, and there seems to be a renewed focus on the jelly babies. There's a jelly baby duo bag that I've tried and apparently neglected to review, but they're pretty good (I'll have to pick up another bag so I can write it up for you guys). This bag, however, I am well prepared to rate, and as soon as I saw them on the shelf I was sold. I love the Haribo jelly babies, a lot more than the classic Bassetts, those ones are a bit gritty and gross. The Haribo ones are just nice and juicy, with a lot of flavour, and now they've received an upgrade in the form of foam backs. Foam backed Haribo are clearly the best (especially the Starmix hearts), so this was a recipe for success.

These are, literally, the Haribo jelly babies with a foam back on them. It's a combination of two great things, and they're pretty great. Not perfect mind you, it is a bit odd having the two different textures working together, the chewy baby doesn't break down as fast as the foam, so it's a bit mismatched. The fruit and milk flavour combination takes a little bit of getting used to, but I liked it, and I would say this is a pretty good twist on the original jelly baby formula. Soft, squidgy, fruity goodness. Another good bag for the Haribo range.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment