Tuesday 1 May 2018

Today's Review: Milkybar Wowsomes


Wow, wow wow wowsome. These new Milkybar chocolates are a bit odd. I'm not sure who they're trying to appeal to. On one hand, they're individually wrapped chocolates, suggesting a more upmarket form of Milkybar. On the other, they're toting health benefits like 30% less sugar, so I guess so they're a healthy snack, in very small single servings, that could potentially go in the kids' lunchboxes? I don't know, but what I do know is that these are small Milkybar coated treats, the centre of which consists of an oar blend with either milk or white chocolate. 

These are pretty good. I mean, they're not as good as good old solid chocolate, but the addition of the oats is an interesting one, and makes for a tasty, different kind of treat. It seems somewhat healthier, and the chocolate blend with a satisfying crispy crunch is pretty good. After a few the oats start to provide a bit of a funny after taste, but as long as you stick to a couple at a time you'll probably have a good time with these. An interesting twist on the classic Milky Bar.

My rating: 4/5



1 comment:

  1. So, just tried the new Wowsomes from the bag (mixed) and was underwhelmed by how bad this product was. I really like Milkybar products however, this one was unpleasant, I didn't like texture of the crispy inside of the treats. It tends to stick to the teeth and has a powdery feel to it. 30% less sugar = 100% less tasty. I believe that this product would work well with young children as it has a soft taste which work with their developing taste buds. I still think that the Milkybar is better.

    ReplyDelete