Wednesday 23 May 2012

Today's Review: Haribo Gold Medals



What? Is there something going on in England this summer? Some kind of sports related event? We don't know anything about that, we've just decided to release some generic gold medal sweets, because referring to such sporting event would most certainly get us in trouble as we haven't paid through the nose to be a sponsor.

I believe you, Haribo. You release different varieties all the time, so this is purely coincidental. But what are gold medals? Quite simply, they're jelly sweet medals with a foam backing, which the packet claims are "mixed fruit flavour". Trouble is I don't really know which fruit, it's all so decidedly vague. They taste a bit like fruit salad, but even with those I'm not sure which fruits they taste like. It's just one of those generic sweet flavours you take for granted, like bubblegum flavour.

Well, they're okay, there are certainly a hell of a lot of nicer Haribo varieties out there. On top of it all, a lot of these didn't even have the foam backing, so I felt a bit cheated. They're good, but not great, let's just hope Haribo get back to their usual good selves after all this Ol... sporting event business is over.

My rating: 3/5

2 comments:

  1. I found this as I search on Google about what flavour these were. I was not impressed and I would agree with your rating of 3/5. Fruit salad was the flavour I was thinking of but just couldn't remember the name. It is like a 'not so good' version of fruit salad IMO.

    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's iron brew flavour

    ReplyDelete