Thursday 15 November 2012

Today's Review: Cleaning The Oven

I cleaned my oven today. It's something I haven't done in a long while, because it never really crosses my mind that my oven is slowly being covered in filth and food splats from energetic cooking. But the doors were no longer quite as see through as they used to be, and who knows what kind of stains lurked on the dark interiors? I looked upon my task with the greatest apprehension. Surely I would be on my knees for hours scrubbing and getting covered in filth.

But it turns out the best way to make the job easier for you is to get a nice effective oven cleaner. I theorise that the best choice of cleaner is the one that warns you the most about how much it will fuck you up if you so much as touch it. With that in mind I chose a Mr. Muscles cleaner that advised me to run any contacted area under water for 20 whole minutes before seeking medical attention.

So once the spray was laid down, with the ventilation fan and an open window to make sure I didn't poison my entire family, I must say that cleaning the oven wasn't as bad as I first thought. Sure, the water I used to sponge it down was almost black, and I found my hands covered in all sorts of grime, but my oven is squeaky clean, and not in need of another scrubbing for a while. So yes, cleaning the oven is a disgusting job, but with a good layer of corrosive cleaning materials, it can be made a whole lot easier.

My rating: 2/5

1 comment: