Wednesday 21 November 2012

Today's Review: Rice Krispies Honeycomb Crunch Squares


While I have enjoyed Squares a few times in the past, I can't say they're one of my favourite snacks. But now there's a honeycomb crunch flavour, and I always have to try new flavours, especially when you can get some free with your Tesco shop.

There's a lot of stuff packed into this tiny bar. Not only does it have the Rice Krispies and marshmallow that give it the Squares name, but there's honeycomb, chocolate drizzle and crunchy bits thrown in for good measure. Still, the flavours all complement each other quite nicely. What's particularly good is that the honeycomb flavour is woven into the marshmallow itself, so there's an even spread of honey goodness. The crunch, on the other hand, just seems to be in the top half, but I'm not too sure how I feel about that part anyway. Squares are by nature soft and chewy, so to encounter a few crunchy pieces while eating is a little bit of a jarring experience.

Still, these Squares are certainly tasty, more so than the original variety I think. But hey, I'm a sucker for honeycomb. If you are too, give these a try.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment