Wednesday 27 February 2013

Today's Review: Sugar Free Relentless


You may have noticed a distinct lack of snack food review over the last week or two. There's a reason for that, and it's a very sad one, for I can no longer eat snack foods. Yes, I am on a diet, and a ketogenic one at that, meaning I have pretty much cut out carbohydrates completely. So no more chocolates, biscuits, fancy drinks, pretty much no more anything apart from meat, cheese and leafy greens. But since I've started I have found the odd exception, especially in the form of diet drinks.

While perhaps not the healthiest option for someone on a regular diet, Sugar Free Relentless contains no carbs whatsoever, and that's all I need to hear to get me to chug it down. Basically it's your regular old Relentless, but with sweetener instead of sugar. As such it's a different kind of sweet, and while it does taste somewhat like the original, it's not perfect.

Still, the levels of caffeine and taurine are the same, so you'll probably still get a kick out of it, though probably a lesser one due to the lack of sugar. But hey, it doesn't taste too bad, and seeing as I've had to cut most foods out of my diet, it's a welcome addition to the line up of what I can ingest.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment