Wednesday 13 February 2013

Today's Review: Yawning

If there's one unexplained thing that's annoying about the human body, it's yawning. Sure, there are some theories as to why we yawn, the physical process has been figured out, but no one knows exactly why we do it. You yawn if you're tired, certainly, but I've found myself yawning even when I'm quite awake. If someone else yawns Im liable to as well, and vice versa. It's a totally involuntary thing that really carries a lot of meaning in some people's eyes. 

If someone is talking to me and I yawn, I can guarantee that they're going to think that they're boring me. But do people ever really yawn if they're bored? Probably if they're tired as well, but the two don't necessarily go hand in hand. But we've had a lifetime of being exposed to people on TV yawning when they're bored, and now it's a stigma attached to this bodily function that I can't really control. Sure, I can go for the closed mouth yawn, but that makes my face twist into expressions that would probably be taken in an even worse way. 

Don't even get me started on the times when you need to yawn, but can't. It's almost as annoying as needing to sneeze but not being able to. It's enough that my body is making me think I need to do this unexplained and contagious thing with my face and lungs, but not letting me do it just enhances my rage. Even if I do manage to yawn, there's no real benefit to it. I'm still tired, people I'm with are probably thinking I'm rude, and then they start yawning too and they end up blaming me. Yawning sucks. At least with a sneeze it feels nice.

My rating: 0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment