Sunday 2 June 2013

Today's Review: Close Caboo Baby Carrier


Look at the lady on the box, so happy. You may think her happiness comes from the quality cuddle time she's having with her baby, and that may be partly true. But I'm sure most of that smile is the result of being able to do stuff without having to cradle a screaming infant.

My baby is 11 weeks old, and while she certainly isn't heavy, having to provide her with constant carrying and cuddles gets in the way of productive things like housework and absolutely anything that I might feel like doing. So this carrier is a life saver. Why this one over any other available? Well, most carriers aren't built for very small babies, and that's the kind I've got. The Close Caboo, however, can be used from birth up to several years old.

The Caboo consists of a couple of criss crossed fabric straps, with a couple of rings attached for adjustments. Certainly not the heavy duty stuff that other backpack style carriers are made of, but don't let it fool you. Once you get the hang of slipping your baby into each strap, you fold the fabric underneath its butt, tighten the straps, and now you have one secure baby that certainly won't drop out easily. There's also a third strap you can wrap around yourself for extra security. The result is a surprisingly sturdy cocoon for your child, one that keeps them close to your chest, in that cute position that babies love to fall asleep in.

I took my daughter to Great Ormond Street on the train yesterday, a trip which would be made almost impossible if I took my bulky buggy with me. But after strapping her up in this carrier, I was able to navigate the tube with a perfectly peaceful sleeping baby, a backpack on my back, and a hand free to carry the baby bag too. This carrier has made life tremendously easier. So if you have a small (or big) baby that demands attention and cuddles, this is a fantastic solution for hands free baby care.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment