Friday 26 December 2014

Today's Review: Apple Zings


I sure do love to try out American cereal, but a lot of the imported stuff has extortionate prices. I never feel like shelling out £9 for a box, but thankfully I found this off brand cereal in Tesco for a mere £3, that is apparently comparable to Apple Jacks. I'm not sure what else it says under that green tape, apparently they're vitamins that don't apply to British people. 

As for the cereal, Apple Jacks is one I've been wanting to try for a while. Despite not being overly fond of cinnamon, I was quite curious. Turns out I got a bit more than I bargained for. The ratio seen in the picture is pretty much what you get in the box, a whole lot of cinnamon hoops, and not many apple ones. 

The apple ones are quite nice and fruity, but the cinnamon ones are a little bit intense for my liking. With the imbalance of flavours, the cinnamon does end up trouncing the apple, and while there's nothing inherently wrong with the flavours the result isn't the great for me. A little too much spice, not enough fruit. If you're a fan of cinnamon, these are probably a good choice, but if Apple Jacks are the same as these, I'll probably pass on a box of the proper stuff.

My rating: 3/5

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, they sell these in b&m stores for 2 quid a box as well as Marshmallow Mateys. I love the Apple Zings and I say they are as good as Apple Jacks, but I do like cinammon!

    ReplyDelete