Saturday 13 December 2014

Today's Review: Butterbeer


I went to the Warner Bros. Studios your last night, and while the experience in its entirety is a review my tired mind cannot endeavour to make right now, I can provide a little snippet of one of the freebies I picked up along with my ticket. This is Butterbeer, the mystical, magical drink that Harry can't wait to try out in the books.

Well, they've tried to recreate the experience in little plastic cups, and while I was hoping for the warm version, I was still excited to try this out. It's basically a cold, fizzy cream soda, with a nice creamy froth, underlaid by some buttery syrup. It tastes less like the butterscotch is hoped for, and more like butter, so overall it's a little sickly. Thankfully, the drink itself is not all that thick, and manages to be quite refreshing. But it's just not what I was expecting. The cream soda taste is quite overwhelming, which isn't bad, but I was hoping for a bit more of a balance between flavours. This Butterbeer is quite a nice effort, but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to buy some more.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment