Monday 22 December 2014

Today's Review: Rockstar XDurance Electric Fruit Mix



My experience of Rockstar drinks have been quite mixed, from the mediocre to the downright awful, although the sugar free one wasn't bad. I decided to dive in again when I spied this interesting green concoction. It claims to be an "electric fruit mix", though I'm not sure what that means. I'm not aware of any fruits that are electronic, and closer inspection of the can informed me that this is watermelon flavoured. Is the drinks infused with electricty? After all, it's supposed to provide me with "performance energy" that may improve my "XDurance". They can't all be buzz words, right?

Well, this drink certainly has a watermelon flavour. It's that distinctly sweet kind of watermelon you may find in a Jolly Rancher or bubblegum, and it's not all that bad. The problem is that the drink also tastes like syrup. It's a little thick, and quite sickly, and it's clear that there's a fair amount of sugar lurking in here. If it was a different flavour I'd probably be giving it lower marks, but the watermelon fits in quite well here, and distracts from the sickly taste quite a bit. It's still not a drink I would recommend, but at least it's drinkable, and I got a nice little buzz out of it. There are certainly better energy drinks out there though.

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment