Tuesday 24 March 2015

Today's Review: Blood Orange Tango


I've always loved Tango, the original orange is a classic, and my high school years were entwined with the constant pursuit of Cherry Tango from the vending machine in the canteen. Hell, pretty much every Tango flavour I've tried, I've loved, and their sweets aren't half bad too. But it seems Tango is going back to its roots, but with a bit of a twist. This isn't Orange Tango, it's Blood Orange Tango.

Yes, I know, a blood orange isn't exactly far off a regular orange, but it's a neat spin on a classic formula, and it makes for a pretty funky colour. This Tango contains both orange and blood orange juice from concentrate, 3% and 2% respectively, but despite that small amount, this does taste pretty different from the regular orange. It has the nice citrus undertone, sure, but the flavour is more of a full, bold experience, with an increased tartness. It's a little hard to explain, but it just tastes darker and juicier, and the bitterness is a nice hit that intensified the tingle on my tongue. This Tango is delicious, a slight variation on a classic flavour that works wonders. I'm hoping it's here to stay, but you should probably go and pick some up now.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment