Thursday 8 March 2018

Today's Review: Honey Monster Oat Puffs


Sugar Puffs underwent a bit of a re-branding last year, and as such dropped the "Sugar" out of the name entirely, which was reflected in the disappointing, flavourless lumps of wheat that sullied the good name of the Honey Monster. Well, I found this box in Poundland that are like those "Honey Monster Puffs", but made with oats instead of wheat, and because I like my disappointment to be complete and all-encompassing, I figured I'd give them a go.


Well, there you have it, odd, brown, shrivelled puffs that look like rejects from a peanut sorting machine, or maybe like some fancy driveway gravel. It's also reflected in the taste, there's a very slight hint of honey, but mostly it's like being promised a nice sugary breakfast treat, before being greeted with a bowl of plain oatmeal. Not that there's anything wrong with oatmeal, but don't dress it up to be some delicious honey-filled treat when it's actually a bland, stripped down variety of a once-beloved breakfast cereal. You can change the grain, but you can't ease the pain. It doesn't matter which box of Honey Monster Puffs you choose, the result is the same.

My rating: 1/5 


1 comment:

  1. I tried the Honey Puff version of these thinking that they would be thw same as the retro Sugar Puffs I ate as a child. Unfortunately they were a big disappointment

    ReplyDelete