Sunday 6 October 2013

Today's Review: Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup


It seems Brits are finally understanding the versatile wonder of peanut butter. Once confined to simple jars, peanut butter is now creeping into various snack foods, be they imported or nay. I hope to one day see a home grown jar of peanut butter and jelly, but to hold me off for the time being, everyone's favourite ice cream duo have caved in to public pressure and brought over this Peanut Butter Cup flavour ice cream.

This flavour is all about the peanut butter. It boasts peanut butter flavour ice cream, stuffed with chocolate peanut butter cups. I wasn't too excited about trying this, as the Peanut Butter Me Up Core flavour came out a while ago, which was the same thing, but with an added jammy core. But, since this was on offer, I figured I'd give it a go, and I'm glad I did. The peanut butter ice cream is as creamy and delicious as before, but the real difference is in the peanut butter cup chunks. In the Core flavour, they're quite small and far between, since there's a lot of room taken up by the jam centre. In Peanut Butter Cup, however, there are a load of cups, and they're huge. I can only get a small part of the way through the ice cream before having to stop to excavate half a delicious, chocolatey peanut butter cup, as if I'm some kind of frozen food archaeologist. The peanut butter inside the cups lend a different texture to the experience too, so almost every spoonful is a creamy, crunchy, chewy delight. This is definitely a great flavour, and I'll most likely be buying another tub at some point in the near future.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment