Tuesday 12 November 2013

Today's Review: Penn State Maple Bacon Pretzels


I reviewed Penn State's limited edition Halloween pretzels a few weeks back, but apparently they're not content with releasing just one interesting flavour this year. So here are some maple bacon pretzels, just in time for Christmas.

Yeah, bacon and maple syrup in pretzel form. While it may not seem like an inherently Christmassy flavour, it just seems to fit in nicely next to all the packets of Christmas themed nuts, and despite my overall hatred of meat flavour crisp products, I couldn't resist giving these a try.

Fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised. These pretzels actually do have a hint of bacon to them. It's more of a smoky flavour, but there's definitely a meaty taste that goes quite well with the thick, crunchy pretzels. Things get really good when the maple flavour comes in. It's sweet, almost sickly so, but the way it compliments the smoky bacon taste just makes for an overall tasty experience. Even after eating these pretzels, the dust left on your fingers is even worth a lick, for a deliciously sweet and smoky taste.

I wasn't expecting to enjoy these as much as I did, but Penn State have brought out another great flavour. They may have missed a trick with making the pretzels snowflake shaped, but I'm not mad. These are some delicious pretzels that are definitely worth a try.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment