Saturday 30 November 2013

Today's Review: Kettle Chips: Smoked Paprika With Porcini & Garlic Butter


I'm always partial to a bag of Kettle Chips, and there's no better time to pick one up than when a new flavour is around. So imagine my joy when I spotted this "seasonal edition" of smoked paprika, porcini and garlic butter on the shelves. Not sure which season the flavour represents, but I don't need a season for a reason.

Well, these are Kettle Chips, so their crunchiness is as awesome as ever. As for the flavour? Well, they certainly have a nice, smoky flavour, but it's not particularly intense, as other flavours can be. But, while the flavour lacks a bit in strength, that works out well for the garlic butter, which is certainly noticeable, but quite subdued. My fear of getting bad breath from these was not realised. As for the porcini, I can't say my tastebuds pointed it out, but all the flavours work together quite well, giving a nice, smoky, creamy flavour. It may not be particularly strong, and certainly not my favourite Kettle Chips flavour, but it's worth a go, especially as it may not be around for long.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment