Saturday 2 November 2013

Today's Review: Starbucks Duffin


It's November, and that meant it was time to head down to Starbucks for my annual Eggnog Latte fix. But while I was queuing this interesting treat caught my eye. It is a duffin, because it is literally a doughnut mixed with a muffin, there is no other way to describe it.


The top looks like a doughnut, the middle looks like a muffin, apart from the jam filling, that's a decidedly doughnut-like trait. It is, by all appearances, a doughnut mixed with a muffin. But how does it taste? Well, I've got to tell you, it tastes like a doughnut mixed with a muffin. The top part is definitely doughnut like, but deep inside it gives way to a more cakey flavour, although the doughnut texture remains. It's pretty much like a muffin, but crumblier, and a tad more sugary. It pretty much tastes like a doughnut mixed with a muffin. It's certainly nice, but the texture just seemed a bit off to me, and the combination of jam and muffin takes a little bit of getting used to.

If you like doughnuts, and you like muffins, I'd say you'd probably enjoy a duffin. If bakery products could have babies, this would be the child of pedigree doughnuts and muffins. I really don't know what else to say, it's a doughnut mixed with a muffin. Just go try it, it's a unique experience.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment