Tuesday 22 November 2016

Today's Review: Asda Lobster & Pink Champagne Crisps


More Christmas crisps, but this time I looked to the shelves of Asda, and left with this decidedly pink bag, sporting a lobster and pink champagne flavour. Now, I must admit I've never had lobster, and I'm not too sure if lobster and pink champagne is even a good combination, but I figured I could still make a judgement on whether this is a nice tasting bag.

These have a pretty good flavour, a nice hint of fishiness, combined with a good substantial meaty texture. So the lobster seems pretty well represented, and it's very tasty. As for the champagne, I can't say it's all that noticeable. There's a slight fizziness, which isn't a particularly nice addition, and there seems to be an extra layer of flavour, but it's not particularly champagne-like. I feel just the lobster would have been enough, but in trying to make it a bit more festive and fancy they've compromised the flavour. Still, this isn't a bad bag of crisps, it just only delivers on half of what it promises.

My rating: 3/5

1 comment:

  1. Got these both me and my partner love them, fullof flavour, crunchy and Moorish, waiting for more to be on stock

    ReplyDelete