Thursday 3 November 2016

Today's Review: Costa Lindt Hot Chocolate


The Christmas drinks are out at Costa, and it looks like a fairly decent lineup this year. I'm sure I'll make my way through them all before the season is out, but to start with I couldn't resist the call of a Lindt hot chocolate. Unlike the other hot chocolate varieties, this one only comes in a cortado size, which was seemed a little cheap, but I assumed it just might be too decadent to be served in a regular size cup.

This is very chocolatey, I'll give it that. It's a little dark, and has a nice, slightly frothy texture to it, but the flavour does remind me of Lindt chocolate. As far as the size goes, I'm not sure this is amazing enough that it can only be served in smaller portions, so I don't see why they're only doing it in this size. It's a little sickly, sure, but it's not that bad. Despite it tasting like Lindt, it's not the same experience as having one of their truffles, and at the end of the day this is still a hot chocolate, just one with a little extra goodness. So while it's nice, it's not so nice that I'm willing to pay almost £3 for a cup that small. I'm glad I tried it, but I won't again.

My rating: 3/5

2 comments:

  1. I had one of these today - what an utter rip off! I would have expected it to be made with proper chocolate for that price, but it's just powdered. Not impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this lindt hot chocolate from costa a few times and they are lovely. The first time I had one of these I didn't know that they were espressos. For the price of £2.95 I think there nice. I HOPE COSTA KEEP SELLING THESE LINDT HOT CHOCOLATE'S. Rating 100 OUT OF 100

    ReplyDelete