Wednesday 23 November 2016

Today's Review: Toffee Crisp Honeycomb Biscuits


Toffee Crisp is a pretty classic chocolate bar, and while I wasn't sure if I'd tried the biscuit version, I knew for sure I hadn't had this honeycomb variety. Look, it even says "new" on the packet. These are a combination of biscuit pieces, crisped cereal, caramel, honeycomb pieces and chocolate. Sounded good to me.

I was wondering how they'd pull off the biscuit part seeing as there's already a crispy element in the Toffee Crisp formula. But it turns out, it doesn't matter, because it's hard to differentiate anything given how strong the honeycomb is. It dominates the whole biscuit, to the point where I couldn't really taste much else. There's a nice crunchy texture to it, and a stickiness provided by the caramel, but the overall taste is pretty sickly. Not a biscuit I'd recommend, maybe stick to plain old Toffee Crisp ones.

My rating: 2/5

1 comment:

  1. I really liked these, not as good as a toffee crisps but liked the small size and the added honey comb...

    ReplyDelete