Thursday 17 November 2016

Today's Review: Dunkin' Donuts Black Forest Cake Donut


I came home this evening to a wonderful sight, a box of Dunkin' Donuts. Of course, only one was for me, a half dozen is only enough for one for each member of the household (and one to spare...), but I knew that my lady would have tried her best to deliver me a donut I hadn't tried before. Lo and behold, here is the black forest cake donut. I'm not sure if that's exactly what it's called, because I haven't visited Dunkin' in a while. I'm also not sure if it's promotional, but I can only assume it's tied to the festive season. What I can tell you is it's a chocolate cake donut, topped with an iced white glaze, chocolate curls and a cherry sauce.

I haven't had many of these cake donuts since Dunkin' Donuts opened, but I will say that while they're definitely chocolatey, they're also quite thick and stodgy. This one was no exception, the chocolate is somewhat dark, and the cake itself was a little dry. It's saved to some degree by the topping, the icing is smooth and creamy, and couple with the jam it adds a nice bit of moisture to the whole experience, while also capturing that black forest flavour. The curls are a nice touch too, providing a chocolate taste that isn't couple with that slightly disappointing stodginess. So the top bit is good, the bottom bit isn't great, all in all this is a pretty average offering. Hopefully Dunkin' Donuts will be pulling more out of the bag for Christmas.

My rating: 3/5

1 comment:


  1. It is one of the largest coffee and baked goods chains in the world,
    with more than 12,000 restaurants in 36 countries.
    The chain’s products include doughnuts, bagels, other baked goods,
    and a variety of hot and iced beverag
    https://telldunkin.online/

    dunkin donut's survey



    ReplyDelete