Friday 11 November 2016

Today's Review: The Idea Behind This Morrisons Roulette Pizza


I'm not reviewing this pizza, because I haven't eaten this pizza, nor have I bought it. No, I am reviewing the thought process behind it, the very foundation that this pizza was built upon. This is a Roulette pizza, following on from the latest craze of hiding really hot foodstuffs in the middle of blander foodstuffs. Doritos have done it, even Haribo have brought out spicy gummies, but this appears to be the ultimate hidden spicy pizza challenge. I just don't quite understand how it works.

It's a seemingly normal meaty pizza, it's got pepperoni, smoked sausage and green peppers. But there's a "hidden splash of fiery chilli sauce" hidden in there somewhere, and the question is "will you get the spicy slice?" Well, that depends on how you slice it, doesn't it? How big is the splash of chilli sauce? Is it tiny and therefore potentially unnoticeable? If it's too large it runs the very real risk of reaching across two slices, because if you don't know where the chilli sauce is, there's no way of knowing where to cut it to ensure the hot stuff stays on one slice. Then the very nature of the roulette game is ruined, and you might as well have doused the whole pizza in spicy sauce (that would be my preferred option). 

I'm most likely making this out to be worse than it is, but this pizza leaves more room for error than I'm comfortable with. Of course, all my misgivings could be entirely inaccurate, because I haven't eaten the thing, so take my opinion with a palmful of salt. I might pick it up at some point, but if anyone can shed some light on whether this works out or not, please let me know. For now though, I can't get on board with this.

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment