Monday 21 November 2016

Today's Review: Pringles Xmas Turkey


Pringles released a Christmas flavour last year that I couldn't find anywhere. Thankfully I've had some Pigs in Blankets crisps this year, although I've neglected to review them so far. Today I'll focus on the other Christmas variety they've brought out this year, which I've been much more fortunate in tracking down. These are, quite simply, turkey flavoured Pringles, under the nonsensical banner catchphrase "Merry Pringles".

You know, sometimes simpler is better, and I believe that's the case here. These Pringles taste pretty good. Clearly it's not as authentic as shoving some roast turkey in your mouth, but these have a great meaty flavour that is reminiscent of the bird in question, with a few herby bits thrown in for good measure. There's even a nice little hint of gravy to round it off. Obviously a lot of those flavours are artificial, so these aren't perfect, but there's some chicken fat and "turkey powder" in there (turkey powder sounds wonderful, doesn't it?), so the meaty elements are pretty nicely represented, and it shows in the taste. A nice, seasonal tube of Pringles.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment