Sunday 6 November 2016

Today's Review: Kopparberg Spiced Apple Cider


I do enjoy a good seasonal cider, they mostly turn up around the summertime, but Kopparberg have one that's primed for winter. Apparently this has been around for a while now, but this is the first time I've seen it. It's a classic apple cider, with some added cinnamon spice, and it includes instructions on how to properly heat it, so it can be enjoyed warm as the chill sets in. I can't say I'd ever had a warm cider, but I know it's a thing, so I figured I should give it a go to experience this bottle like they wanted me to. So in the pan it went, and soon I was enjoying a mug of warm, spiced cider.

It's not too bad, it has the classic, nice apple cider that you'd expect from Kopparberg at the base, crisp and flavoursome. The spice is an interesting addition, but I don't think it panned out all that well. It's a bit too much, and it makes the whole thing a little sickly, especially when served warm, it seems to bring the spice to the forefront and it's just not nice enough to carry the whole bottle. I wish there was more apple to balance it out, but even then I'm not sure if it would be a firm favourite. This did warm me up on a cold evening, but the taste left something to be desired. It's not an awful bottle, but it's not one I'll be trying again.

My rating: 3/5

1 comment: