Wednesday 2 November 2016

Today's Review: Kingsmill Honey, Oat & Red Berry Toasties


I tried out the mixed berry flavour of these Toasties the other day, and while I didn't find them all that great, I figured I'd give them another go with this honey, oat and red berry variety. They still have the berries, but I thought the addition of honey would make them a bit less dry, and add a nice flavourful kick. These toasties are the same as before, pop them in the toaster, tear them in half and have a quick breakfast.

I don't think I get on with these. The honey is a noticeable addition, but it's not all that well implemented. It's present in some places but not others, and while it's a nice sweet taste when it's there, it doesn't do much to alleviate the dryness of the bread. The berries provide a little bit of moisture, but seeing as they're sharing the limelight with the honey, there aren't as many of them as in the mixed berry variety. I can't help but feel disappointed, these will fill you up quickly in the morning, but they're not great. A slightly fruity, sweet, but mostly bland breakfast alternative.

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment