Wednesday 9 November 2016

Today's Review: Tesco Choco-Nut Malted Wheats


I love a big old bowl of Coco Shreddies, but being a stickler for that yellow shelf sticker, I don't find them on offer all that often. It seemed Tesco was there for me though, in the form of these Malt Wheats with a chocolate flavour, and there are even hazelnuts thrown in for good measure. I would have settled for just the chocolate, but hey, nuts are good too.

I'm not sure whether these should be Choco-Nut or Nut-Choco, the predominant flavour here is the hazelnuts. It's a nice, authentic, nutty flavour, but it seems like there's just too much of it, the chocolate part seems a bit like an afterthought. It's there, sure, lurking in the background, and it does show up a fair bit in the after taste, but these just aren't as chocolatey as I'd hoped, which is a shame, as the chocolate part is pretty decent as well. These Malted Wheats are a good quality cereal, pretty similar in texture to Shreddies, but the flavourings are just a bit too imbalanced. Too much nut, not enough choco.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment