Thursday 26 February 2015

Today's Review: Sunshakes Mango Milkshake


I do like a milkshake from time to time, but the flavours on offer never really vary. Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, maybe banana, it all gets a bit boring after a while. So when I was offered a sample of this Sunshakes mango milkshake to review, I couldn't say no. I love tropical fruits, and while it took me a while to get used to mango, I now jump at the chance to try mango flavoured stuff.

Well, first and foremost, this is a milkshake, so the texture is pretty important. Thankfully, this shake is perfectly blended. It's smooth, creamy, with a very slight, but satisfying, thickness to it. Think on the same level of big brand names like Frijj, it's the same great texture. As for the flavour, well, it's definitively mango. Very fruity, and very bold, it's a full, juicy taste that sticks around during and after drinking. My main gripe against mango is that it can sometimes get a bit dry and chalky, but in this case it's combined with the creaminess of the milkshake, so it all goes down very nicely. 

One thing I did find is that it's a tad too sugary for my liking. This milkshake is very sweet, and while that works in its favour while drinking, there was a bit of a sugary aftertaste once the mango had died down. But that's only a minor thing, I would happily wolf one of these down every day. It's a very tasty milkshake, with a great flavour that you probably won't find anywhere else in a hurry. I'm hoping they will start to make an appearance in UK stores, seeing as they're only being sold in the Philippines, Singapore, Oman and Qatar. But you can still buy them on Amazon at just over £1 a bottle. They're definitely worth that much. Now if you'll excuse me, my dad lives in Oman, I'll have to ask him to track down the equally delicious sounding papaya and guava milkshakes...

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment