Tuesday 9 February 2016

Today's Review: Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread



I like peanut butter. I like chocolate. I like spread. This jar here combines all those things, and it's got the Reese's name slapped on the front. There's nothing like a Peanut Butter Cup, and if you ever wanted to spread one of them on your bread, this is what you want.

There's not too much I can say about this, it's a spread that tastes like chocolate and peanut butter, and both elements are represented very well. It has a fantastic nutty flavour throughout, with a great creamy chocolate undertone. There is a little more peanut butter than chocolate, so the balance isn't perfect, but you can easily taste all the elements. The texture isn't quite as smooth as I'd hoped, it's a little crunchy, but it's true to the peanut butter you'd find inside a Reese's cup, so it's not a bad thing, just a matter of personal taste. I guess I'm comparing it to the lofty heights of gloriously smooth Nutella, and stacked up against that this is a damn good spread. I'll have no problem making my way through this jar.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment