Sunday 28 February 2016

Today's Review: Müller Raspberry Parfait Deluxe Corner


I don't normally eat yoghurts, let alone posh ones, but I couldn't resist these when I saw them on offer in Asda. Just look at that dessert in the picture, it looks great, and while it may have just been a tantalising glimpse of what the yoghurt itself fails to emulate, I was suckered in anyway.

Sounds like there's a lot of good stuff in here. Vanilla flavour yoghurt with real cream, a layer of raspberry, and the balls sound like a pretty good concoction of chocolate and biscuit. I must say, this is very good. The yoghurt itself definitely has a nice vanilla flavour, and has a thicker than usual texture, which I'll assume is the whipping cream's doing. The raspberry underneath is quite well hidden, but gives a lovely burst of raspberry flavour. The balls add a much needed crunch to the whole affair, and are made from some good quality biscuit. The coating is pretty good, but not perfect. It has a lovely chocolate taste, but there's also some raspberry flavouring stuck in there, and it's a little too much. It's very sweet, and not too authentic, and when eaten altogether it gives just a little too much raspberry in comparison to the other ingredients. It's not bad, but I wish the balls were simply chocolate coated. This is still a good Corner though, and it's sparked my interest in seeing which other Deluxe flavours are on offer.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment