Wednesday 21 February 2018

Today's Review: Diablo Sugar Free Strawberry & Cream Sweets


I'm still hurting from the loss of Campino, and I can't help but grasp at every faint glimmer of hope that comes my way. Any sweet that looks even vaguely like those strawberry wonders go straight in my basket, even though they all seem to be sugar free these days, and I'm pretty sure Campino were not. I was pretty excited to grab this bag of Diablo sweets at Home Bargains, despite the fact that I've been burnt before by horrible tasting swirly boiled sweets. Would these be the ones to properly emulate that goodness?

Not bad, Diablo, not bad. Not perfect, but there's only so much you can do without chucking some sugar in. Like all sugar free efforts, the flavour does fade eventually, but it starts out as a pretty sweet, pretty good tasting strawberry and cream flavour, probably the closest I've found to the original Campino (though it's been a long time since I've had one). They taste smooth, almost creamy, and until the flavour subsides it's very enjoyable. Even once the flavour does fade, it's still quite good. These are a pretty great effort at some strawberries & cream sweets, and each one is 13 calories, so that's even better.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment