Sunday 25 February 2018

Today's Review: Hartley's Lemon Cheesecake Jelly


After being bitterly disappointed by the black forest gateau jelly a few days back, I was a little apprehensive to try out this lemon cheesecake jelly. Sure, there's no chocolate flavouring to be found in this one, but can a jelly really pull off `cream cheese and a buttery biscuit base? The short answer is yes, yes it can. It's not perfect by any means, but all the elements are in there. The lemon is at the forefront, a sweet yet tart flavour. I love lemon jelly, especially the electronic duo. But underneath that jelly, there are indeed hints of biscuit, and even that classic cheesecake taste. It's a little off balance, sure, and the flavours don't hold up for too long, but it's a pretty decent attempt for a 10 calorie pot. The texture isn't quite the same as other jellies, but I think that works in its favour, it's more of a sloppy, moussey like texture that gives a bit more of a cheesecake vibe. A pretty great, alternative jelly flavour. I recommend it.

My rating: 4/5

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Hartley's just had one of your lemon cheesecake jellys there was no taste of lemon or no taste of the cheese cake thanks for letting me down I thought you put your heat into making these taste delicious but tks for letting me down

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hartley's just had one of your lemon cheesecake jellys there is no taste of lemon cheesecake thought you put your heart into making these but tks for letting me down try harder please

    ReplyDelete