Saturday 21 July 2018

Today's Review: Crunchy Caramel M&Ms


The news of caramel M&Ms was pretty huge last year, and despite only being an American release, I did manage to track some down on import a few months back. So imagine my surprise when I wandered into Poundland and saw I could grab a share size bag of caramel M&Ms for a mere pound. But wait, something seems different. These are "crunchy caramel", not just regular. Could it be we get an exclusive flavour in the UK for once?

These are different to the American caramel M&Ms. Those ones have a gooey centre, while these are exactly what they say on the pack, crunchy caramel. You have your regular crispy coating, and a layer of that classic M&M chocolate, but underneath is a little nugget of crunchy caramel goodness. Biting into it unleashes another level of sweetness, and it's pretty awesome. The closest thing I can compare it to is the inside of a Daim bar, so this is like an unholy matrimony between two amazing chocolate products. The crunch in the caramel is more satisfying than the gooey, chewy stuff in the American version, and I think it helps inject the flavour a whole lot more effectively. These could even be my new favourite variety of M&Ms. Grab them while they're around, they're great.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment