Friday 27 July 2018

Today's Review: Maltesers Truffles


There seems to be a big focus on Maltesers lately, their buttons released last month, alongside these Truffles. All wrapped up in a nice little gift box, and with the price tag to match, it took a while for me to justify taking the plunge. These are individually wrapped, "posh" chocolates, consisting of a chocolate base with honeycomb pieces, a malt filling on top, all wrapped up in more chocolate.

I wouldn't say these are your conventional truffles, but the truffle part is sufficiently creamy, with a nice malty texture to boot. The base packs a nice little crunch and that classic Malteser chocolate flavour, so all in all these are some good chocolates. I wouldn't say they're worth the inflated price tag, they're not exactly the height of luxury, at the end of the day they're not dissimilar to a Malteser bar. Worth a try, or good for a gift, but I wouldn't buy these regularly.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment