Friday 13 July 2018

Today’s Review: Supermarket Aisles Changing

As you may have guessed, I like food shopping. It allows me to look for all the interesting new snacks on offer. But despite my love for new things, I still go into the supermarket with a specific order in mind. I know the layout, which aisle holds which foods. So imagine my horror when yesterday I turned the corner expecting to find cereal, and was instead met with chocolate.

It bewildered me. Not only were the aisles completely changed, they were still in the process of swapping them around. In the process I somehow managed to not pick up any crisps, it was horrible. Why mess with the formula? I get the need for merchandising changes, but something this drastic makes for a jarring shopping experience. I have a route, an agenda. I’m still getting over the time they moved the cucumbers to an end cap instead of next to the peppers. Now I have a whole new route to plan out, and it’s awful.

My rating: 0/5

1 comment:

  1. They do it for loads of reasons, but a big one is because of what you said..."I know the layout, which aisle holds which foods". They don't want you to become too familiar with the layout otherwise it reduces the chance you will venture to different parts of the store. By changing the layout it forces you to explore and buy things you wouldn't normally buy

    ReplyDelete