Monday 29 January 2018

Today's Review: Fruit-tella Jelly Foams


I love me some Fruit-tella, and look, here's a new bag that contains more fruit juice* and 30% less sugar*! Yes, asterisks abound. This less sugar craze is coming out in full force, and while it's not a bad thing, it's hard to question the authenticity sometimes. Everyone seems to only be able to get 30% less, and looking at the small print on this bag, that 30% is "compared to other jelly sweets". That doesn't mean much, they could have compared it to a disgusting jelly sweet that's 90% sugar. It's like saying "30% less sugar, when compared to a bag of sugar".

Actually, I take it back, it's clear there's less sugar in these foam gums. It turns out that sugar tastes good, and with less of it, these do not taste so good. The foam is a bit dry and lifeless, and the gums let that plain old gelatin taste through. The fruit flavours are alright, not particularly great but I guess they're the saving grace of these sweets. But comparing these to the classic Fruit-tella chews, the foams don't stand a chance. I don't care about less sugar or more fruit juice in my sweets, just make them taste good. We know they're bad for us anyway.

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment