Sunday 21 January 2018

Today's Review: Buttermilk Pumpkin Seed Brittle


Here's another little treat I picked up from Homesense, a pumpkin seed brittle. Now, I haven't had too much brittle in the past, but this one seemed particularly interesting, boasting cinnamon and nutmeg as well as the aforementioned pumpkin seed, all wrapped up in a butter toffee brittle. That's a lot of different elements to chuck into a sweet slab, but it actually does a pretty good job of representing everything. The butter and toffee is prevalent upon first popping it into your mouth, a smooth, sweet sensation that then gets joined by the nicely spicy cinnamon and nutmeg. Crunching through this allows access to more layers of spice and sweet, but I can't say I noticed the pumpkin seed all that much. With all the other flavours going on, I didn't pick up anything reminiscent of pumpkin, and the texture isn't noticeable, seeing as I was crunching through the brittle itself. Still, pumpkin aside, this is a very nice, sweet tasting brittle, with a lovely warming kick of spice. Much better than I was expecting.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment