Wednesday 21 March 2018

Today's Review: Cadbury Flake Cupcakes


Not content with Cadbury bars, bites, eggs, biscuits, doughnuts, yoghurts, ice creams, puddings and spreads? Well, now you can get them in cake form. Wait, you can already get Cadbury cakes and cake bars, we need to be more specific. Cupcakes. You can now get Cadbury cupcakes. They come in three varieties, available in platter form, but I only managed to find this two pack during my last shop. So while the Crunchie and Caramel cupcakes elude my grasp, I can tell you all about the Flake ones.

Sounds like I picked the most boring of the three. While the others include honeycomb and caramel flavours, this is a chocolate cupcake, with chocolate frosting, topped with a mini Flake. So basically a whole load of chocolate, which isn't bad, but it's nothing exciting. The sponge is decent, chocolatey and moist, and the frosting has a nice thick consistency, so they did a decent enough job. I will say though, these things are small. I could probably fit a whole one in my mouth if I tried, and for £1 a cupcake I wouldn't say it's worth it. Nice cakes, but they're not overly exciting, and only really worth it if they're on offer. I hope the other ones win me over.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment