Tuesday 6 March 2018

Today's Review: Sweet Petites Chocolate Creamy Flurries


I tried out, and was pretty disappointed by, the Creamy Flurries I found in Poundland the other day. They're off brand Twinkies, which are a good price in comparison, worse tasting. But since I'm not really a fan of the original Twinkies anyway, I figured I'd return to Poundland and pick up the chocolate variety of these cream filled cakey treats. Everything's better with chocolate, right?

Actually, yes, that is right. While I was let down by the firmness of the sponge and the texture of the cream in the regular batch, I have to say these chocolate Flurries are pretty good. It's not the most authentic chocolate taste, but the sponge is nice and soft, and the flavour kicks it up a notch to make it significantly less boring than its vanilla counterpart. The cream is pretty good too, soft and smooth, and it blends in well with the sponge. These are a lot closer to the official Twinkies than the regular sponge variety, so if you're looking for off brand Twinkies I recommend these ones.

My rating: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. I did find the Flurries in a store called, "Dollar Zone"
    I preferred the yellow cake one compared to the chocolate Flurries. Just thought the Chocolate was a bit on the heavy tasting side.

    But I buy both anyway for the family.
    My entire family, we can not have anything that contains HFCS. So It's Flurries all the way. The taste can grow on you.

    ReplyDelete