Friday 2 March 2018

Today's Review: Sweet Petites Creamy Flurries

 

Twinkies have become more available in the UK in recent years, but despite some good competition they're still relatively overpriced, what with all the importing and whatnot. Twinkies are something of a cultural phenomenon, although I don't see what all the fuss is about. I find them pretty average, the cake isn't particularly great, and the cream is not as delectable as it looks. I mean, they're okay, but I'm not gonna pay loads for them. Thankfully Poundland are here to help, now stocking these Twinkie look-a-likes, a box of which will only set you back, you guessed it, £1! But how do they stack up against the cream filled cake giants?


Well, that doesn't look right. It's a good colour for a loaf of bread, but it's not the shade I expect a soft, golden cake to be. In essence, these are like slightly burned Twinkies, they're not particularly soft, but the cake is edible at least. The cream inside is firmer than in the official ones, but there's a decent amount of it, and it tastes alright for a cake that essentially costs 20p. Seeing as I'm not a big fan of Twinkies anyway, these Creamy Flurries may be a downgrade, but they're not all that bad. Clearly inferior to the original, and not exactly a fantastic treat, but if you're really into Twinkies yet strapped for case, you might want to give these a try.

My rating: 2/5

6 comments:

  1. They taste way better than plastic American Twinkies, bit of a harsh review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be interesting to see what they taste like in comparison to twinkies. i've only bought twinkies from b&M where they are a non silly price. Not £8 a box like in tesco

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried imported twinkies, so the real deal.. and I can say that the poundland ones are softer and far tastier.. I agree with ninty.. if your not a fan of this type of cake, the review is already skewed... poundland wins in this case... at least in my honest opinion :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creamy? I don’t think so.
    I’ve had a few of these now and I just ate one today that had no cream inside it at all. Very disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are very good .I like the cake better then the original ones .My Daughter thinks they even better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As an American living now in Germany i do miss twinkies and i found those i must say that i regret buying only one package ok the color isnt the same an the cream is a bit more is it coconut well a bit off but I do like these better then twinkies I must say. Well when I went back to the store it was sold out. Twinkies do sell here but are expensive when u know what they sell for in the states.

    ReplyDelete