Wednesday 27 June 2018

Today's Review: Taco Bell Doritos Crunch Burrito


It's happening, surely this is the first step to the Doritos taco shells that took the states by storm. Now at Taco Bell in the UK, you can grab a burrito that's loaded up with cheesy Doritos. I mean, I just popped in to use the toilet and I couldn't leave without one, so that shows the power of the very idea of it. Or that I'm very easily swayed. It's probably the latter.

So we have the Doritos in here, but we also have the beef (or chicken), rice, sour cream and nacho cheese sauce. Yes, twice the cheesiness, and it shows in the flavour. There's a creamy cheese taste and a crunchy cheese taste, and they work quite well together, a little overwhelming in places, but it still makes for a good burrito. The cool sour cream and spicy beef complement each other, so all in all it's a well rounded burrito. The Doritos are plentiful and definitely noticeable, so it's a pretty interesting twist on the regular burrito. Hopefully now we'll get those taco shells...

My rating: 4/5

3 comments:

  1. I did have the dorito shell when i visited the states a few years ago - it was nice :-) I've had taco bell once in the UK at their first one they opened at a shopping mall - but not since!

    There is one in the town i go when i have my hair done, but i usually prioritise going to the Dunkin Donuts opposite! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Review A Day28 June 2018 at 14:24

      I always opted for the Dunkin' Donuts opposite too, but now it's closed down...

      Delete
    2. wait? what? noooooooooooooooooooooooo.

      gutted! maybe il try taco bell next time, but that is no replacement.

      wow that really sucks - they always had a great selection of donuts :-(

      Delete