Monday 4 June 2018

Today's Review: Batchelor's Pasta 'n' Sauce Prosecco & Mushroom


There's one night a week where I am alone for dinner, and since I normally prepare for a family of five, I often resort to the quick and easy "meal" for one. So I thought I'd spice it up a bit this week and looked for something interesting in the noodle aisle. This packed caught my eye, a Pasta 'n' Sauce featuring prosecco, and mushrooms. Just five minutes boiling in a water/milk/butter potion and you're ready to enjoy some fine dining.

You know, I figured I'd use that phrase entirely sarcastically, as I figured anything that distils alcohol down into a powder would not be a particularly tasty dish. But considering what this is, it isn't too bad. I mean, it's not exactly a sophisticated meal, but it does taste like mushroom. I thought they'd go overboard, really hamming it up with the prosecco flavour, but it's pretty subtle, which is a good thing because, surprise surprise, it's not entirely authentic. Still, all in all, this is a pretty neat little flavour of pasta, easy to make and fairly enjoyable to eat.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment