Monday 11 June 2018

Today's Review: Yorkie Pro


Protein chocolate bars are becoming increasingly common, and Nestle have started churning out versions of their bars with added protein. This Yorkie is one of them, promising... whatever benefits you get from adding protein to a bar filled with sugar. It comes with crispy pieces, which sounds like the raisin and biscuit Yorkie without any of the fun. But hey, some crunch is better than none.

I'm not sure about the science behind adding protein to chocolate bars, but I can tell you, it adversely affects the flavour. There's something of the classic Yorkie taste in there, but all in all that bar seems dryer, almost chalky. The crispy pieces are alright, but the chocolate itself just ends up tasting like an uninspired health bar. Chocolatey, sure, but not in a good way. I think I'll get my protein fix from elsewhere, as long as I can still have a regular Yorkie. Yorkie? More like Chalkie. Har har.

My rating: 1/5

1 comment:

  1. I have a big issue with all this 'adding protein to everything' - if you need protein, get it from a natural source, don't eat a chocolate bar! its just trying to con people into eating stuff and thinking it's some how 'healthy' just cos its got protein in it. Eating protein rich food to keep fuller for long is very different to eating a protein mars bar - it bugs me so much!!

    /end rant

    ReplyDelete