Friday 29 June 2018

Today's Review: Jaffa Cakes Lemon & Lime


It's a new flavour of Jaffa Cakes! Well, actually, it's not. I'm sure these have been around before, and they definitely have in cake bar form, so I guess just this iteration of the flavour is new. Everyone loves a Jaffa cake, they've definitely perfected that orange jelly, but I must say the lemon and lime is a bit underwhelming. It's zesty, sure, gives something of a nice fruity kick, but it doesn't last nearly as long on the palate as that classic orange. I don't know if I got a dodgy box, but I found the cake itself to be quite dry, and that really detracted from the rest of the flavours. Thankfully the chocolate is still as good and makes up for it a little. Maybe I'll have to have another go to be sure, but this is a pretty mediocre treat. Also, since when did they start putting ten cakes in the box instead of 12? What is this world coming to?

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment